In Texas finals week is the first week of May, so that's approaching pretty quickly for me, and honestly the first few times (I'm a sophomore in college) I always freak out and forget how to live my life for that whole week. But, I have five, I guess I'd call them... tips, for easing this dreadful week, (or just a major test!)
- ACTUALLY FUCKING STUDY. - Seriously. Study. If you don't complete this step, then don't even bother reading the rest of this. Honestly, if you're in college and reading this.. and you DON'T study, then I have literally no idea why you're even PAYING to go to school. Or worse, wasting your parents money or the states money - which could be benefiting someone else, by the way. If ya'll would like tips for studying, I could make that post maybe by the end of this week or the beginning of next week!
- DON'T MISS CLASS. - This can be a hard one to live by, but honestly it is beneficial to be in class. HOWEVER, I will say, that college is stressful and don't get caught up in thinking that the whole world is going to fucking end just because you miss a few days of class. It's not going to, I pinky promise. There are going to be those days where nothing is working out right, and nothing feels good, and getting out of bed is hard to even consider, so, don't. Take a mental health day, there is seriously no shame in that. I can easily say, I missed a total of 6 days this semester, and I don't regret any of them.
- TAKE NOTES. - This might seem like a no-brainer to a lot of you but I'm including it due to the amount of people I helped out this year who just never took notes. I pass out maps at my school and in general help with welcoming freshman, and this year I took a class that is generally something a lot of freshman take - HIST 1301. When I was a freshman I took the sophomore one because it sounded more interesting and I am a rebel :p Anyhow, I noticed day one, everyone had a laptop which is either a good or bad sign. Meaning, good because it's obvious these people give a fuck, or bad as in, they're going to social media their life away for over an hour. Sadly, it was the latter. SERIOUSLY, TAKE NOTES. DO NOT BE THE ASSHOLE WHO SENDS OUT THE MASS EMAIL BEFORE A TEST ASKING FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S NOTES. THAT PERSON SUCKS. I DON'T WANT YOU TO SUCK TOO!
- START STUDYING EARLY! - This is a mistake made by a lot of people. I've made this mistake a million fucking times. Y'know, that one mistake where you watch a lot of netflix for a month then cry the night before the test because you haven't studied once? Yeah, that one. Most professors have exams posted in the syllabus, if they don't, fucking ask, there's no shame in wanting to know up front what and when you're being tested. I'd say if it's a subject you're excelling in easily, start studying the week before. If it's a subject that you're sucking in, a few weeks before is a good call. Like for example, I have a Bio exam in two weeks, and I started studying over a week ago.
- AND THE LAST ONE: SLEEP. - This also seems to be something that the internet has glorified. I always see countless posts on Tumblr and Facebook of people lol'ing about how they have "insomnia." NOT SLEEPING IS NOT COOL, OKAY? Even if you're typically a night owl, before your exam, I want you to set a time you want to be in bed by and
Okay, good luck ya'll! Comment with anything else you'd like to add!